Rookie Draft

Use this forum if you have any rules that you want changed or if you have a new idea for the league.
linc
Rookie
Favorite NFL Team: Minnesota Vikings
Team Name: Rolling Rockers

Rookie Draft

Post by linc » Tue May 06, 2008 6:25 pm

This is just an idea...how about adding a 3rd round to our rookie draft? The reason I mention this is due to that some of the rookies that are on the auction board already have higher salaries than the players that were selected in the 2nd round of our draft. As far as the slotted salaries we could decrease the salaries in the first round move that money to the second round and have all 3rd round picks at the league min. I just think that players that were not worthy enough to be selected in the first two rounds could end up with a higher salary than those players selected, a little backwards IMO. Just something to think about.

bonscott
Hall of Famer
Favorite NFL Team: Chicago Bears
Team Name: Amish Rakefighters

Re: Rookie Draft

Post by bonscott » Tue May 06, 2008 6:33 pm

While I like it on the surface (having a 3rd round), the bigger problem is that our rosters really aren't large enough for it.

Either expand the rosters to 22 or something or have a larger "developmental squad"/PR. I've seen some leagues that have the PR be something like rookies and 2nd yr players only. Only once activated they get a contract (think the NFL signing a player off the practice squad) and can not be demoted back to the PR.

So instead of our 2 rookie PR slots now, you have something like a 5 man PR for rookies and 2nd year players. Salary counts but contracts do not (other then maybe a 1). Once they are activated to the regular roster they are assigned a contract and can not be put back on the PR.

One thing about our league is that it's actually misnamed a bit. We really aren't a dynasty league. We are a cap league. One thing about most of these rookies is that even if we give them 4 or 5 year contracts, most good ones will just be getting good by the time we have to release them back to the draft. I really like the idea of developing rookies and young players but our rosters really don't allow much of that long term plus we lose the players just as they start to pan out. By having them on the PR their first 2 years and *then* giving them a contract if we want you truly get to reap the rewards of good rookie drafting. Just talking off the top of my head here.

Someone had an idea before of just lifting all roster requirements and let the caps determine how many players you can have.

Now that we've been thru a full cycle of a full season plus rookie draft maybe we all have a good perspective to discuss these ideas.
Scott

LV Elite
Veteran
Team Name: Las Vegas Elite

Post by LV Elite » Wed May 07, 2008 5:08 am

bonscott wrote:While I like it on the surface (having a 3rd round), the bigger problem is that our rosters really aren't large enough for it.

Either expand the rosters to 22 or something or have a larger "developmental squad"/PR. I've seen some leagues that have the PR be something like rookies and 2nd yr players only. Only once activated they get a contract (think the NFL signing a player off the practice squad) and can not be demoted back to the PR.

So instead of our 2 rookie PR slots now, you have something like a 5 man PR for rookies and 2nd year players. Salary counts but contracts do not (other then maybe a 1). Once they are activated to the regular roster they are assigned a contract and can not be put back on the PR.

One thing about our league is that it's actually misnamed a bit. We really aren't a dynasty league. We are a cap league. One thing about most of these rookies is that even if we give them 4 or 5 year contracts, most good ones will just be getting good by the time we have to release them back to the draft. I really like the idea of developing rookies and young players but our rosters really don't allow much of that long term plus we lose the players just as they start to pan out. By having them on the PR their first 2 years and *then* giving them a contract if we want you truly get to reap the rewards of good rookie drafting. Just talking off the top of my head here.

Someone had an idea before of just lifting all roster requirements and let the caps determine how many players you can have.

Now that we've been thru a full cycle of a full season plus rookie draft maybe we all have a good perspective to discuss these ideas.
You know thats an interesting idea and on after reading it here my first impression is I would like something like that. When it comes to the PS and what you wrote, you mentioned that we could keep 1st and 2nd year players on the PS. And if I am reading correctly, the salaries of those players on the PS would count like they do today (Half), however they would NOT get assigned any contract years until they get activated off of the PS? So in essence if you pick up a real project type of rookie, we essentially could keep him for up to 7 years (2 yrs on PS, then max 5 yrs on assigned contract)? I would like something like this VERY much! I agree what Amish pointed out in that we cant really develop much players do to by the time some of these guys become worthy, their contract would be up. I think rookie QBs and WRs are perfect examples. Everyone knows it takes these positions (on most cases) 3-4 years to develop in the NFL and in the fantasy world be relevant to start. By that time you get the rewards of drafting those players for a year or two then their gone! If we expanded the PS to something like that, we could then add a 3rd round to the draft as most and all of those 3rd round guys would be PS material! I really like that idea..... :2cents:

bonscott
Hall of Famer

Post by bonscott » Wed May 07, 2008 5:55 am

Yes, you got what I was saying. PR would be 1st and 2nd year players only. Any time a player is activated they must be assigned a contract and can no longer go to the PR (so there is a "penalty" for activating).
Any 3rd yr players must be activated and assigned a contract or dropped (with associated cap hits).
So yes, you could have a player for 7 years (2 on PR, 5 active).

So the downside might be that the player's salary is very cheap that whole time other then 1st round picks. If that's a concern or not I don't know. If so you could have a rule that if a player spent the whole 2 years on the PR then they get a 50% raise if you choose to activate them and give them a contract. More manual tracking though.

I'm just tossing out ideas. No idea if they are any good or not. :dunno: :yippee:
Scott

braven112
Site Admin
Favorite NFL Team: Seattle Seahawks
Team Name: Pacific Pigskins

Post by braven112 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:03 am

In general I like the idea about more PR spots but I'm not a big fan, at all, of manual tracking. Less is more for me. :) If we can figure out something that can be tracked automatically I would be all for it.
by griblets » Thu May 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Usually, when the commissioner has a good team, these are the kind of polls you see...

bonscott
Hall of Famer

Post by bonscott » Wed May 07, 2008 6:40 am

Well, if we aren't worried about the salaries then there would be nothing manual to track other then to make sure that only rookies (easy) and 2nd yr players are on the PR. But even that is easy as any player not with an (R) next to their name must be a 2nd yr player and thus must be activated at the end of the season.

I wouldn't make any change of course until next season but the expansion could occur after the season is over. Thus any rookies this year become the 2nd yr players next year if they stay on the PR. So it would be a simple transition.

The only other manual thing would be that once a player is activated they cannot go back on the PR. That is simply a rule that I've seen in other leagues that do this as it presents a "cost" and makes the PR a true development location for young players, not just a place to put extra guys. So that would probably be the biggest issue. Not saying that we would have to do something like that but I do like the cost aspect of it to offset the benefits you get from expanded PR.

But it could be tracked by adding another column to the roster. Right now there is salary and contract but you can have custom columns as well. Such a column could simply have a flag that shows if a player is able to be on the PR. When a player on the PR is activated, commish simply needs to clear that flag.

But yea, there is probably going to be some manual work to do something like this.
Scott

LV Elite
Veteran

Post by LV Elite » Wed May 07, 2008 7:00 am

bonscott wrote:Well, if we aren't worried about the salaries then there would be nothing manual to track other then to make sure that only rookies (easy) and 2nd yr players are on the PR. But even that is easy as any player not with an (R) next to their name must be a 2nd yr player and thus must be activated at the end of the season.

I wouldn't make any change of course until next season but the expansion could occur after the season is over. Thus any rookies this year become the 2nd yr players next year if they stay on the PR. So it would be a simple transition.

The only other manual thing would be that once a player is activated they cannot go back on the PR. That is simply a rule that I've seen in other leagues that do this as it presents a "cost" and makes the PR a true development location for young players, not just a place to put extra guys. So that would probably be the biggest issue. Not saying that we would have to do something like that but I do like the cost aspect of it to offset the benefits you get from expanded PR.

But it could be tracked by adding another column to the roster. Right now there is salary and contract but you can have custom columns as well. Such a column could simply have a flag that shows if a player is able to be on the PR. When a player on the PR is activated, commish simply needs to clear that flag.

But yea, there is probably going to be some manual work to do something like this.
I reallly like the idea and want to push for it, I would like to see what other owners think. It adds emphasis to the whole "Dynasty" and being able to develop some players instead of losing them to FA once they actually may become viable. Our league is called "Dynasty". I am all for making the commish's job easier too and if all it takes is watching the years on a player who is on the PS or watching that extra colum Bonscott mentioned as far as the activation of PS players, maybe we should have a volunteer owner help the commish "police" it. Nothing wrong with having the Commish and a couple other owners under him helping run the league. Bonscott already does this with his spreadsheet on cap hits.... this would just be another small task to watch... but a task for another so the Commish can still focus on managing the league as whole and not keeping track of every little aspect! I think its something we should strongly consider...... again if we expanded the PS, we could add a round 3 to the draft (like Linc suggested) and thus not pay over the Min salary for any rookies not drafted in the 2 round draft.

braven112
Site Admin

Post by braven112 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:02 am

If someone was willing to manually track it I would be all for the idea. Currently all players have a default salary of 425k but I think that is a setting I could change. I wouldn't have a problem with keeping the salary cap figures either but allowing the contract years to start once the player is activated. Either way would be fine with me.

Good ideas!!

Usually, when the commissioner has a good team, these are the kind of polls you see...

braven112
Site Admin

Post by braven112 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:13 am

Just another idea to throw out there...what if we just lifted the limit for rookie contracts from 5 to something larger?

bonscott
Hall of Famer

Post by bonscott » Wed May 07, 2008 9:33 am

braven112 wrote:Just another idea to throw out their...what if we just lifted the limit for rookie contracts from 5 to something larger?
That's an idea. So you're saying that rookie contracts could be 7 or something like that.

Still need something in terms of roster size since you won't have a lot of room for prospects.

But then again maybe you just have to make a choice sometimes. But an expanded PR for sure would be a good idea.
Scott

braven112
Site Admin

Post by braven112 » Wed May 07, 2008 11:04 am

bonscott wrote:
braven112 wrote:Just another idea to throw out their...what if we just lifted the limit for rookie contracts from 5 to something larger?
That's an idea. So you're saying that rookie contracts could be 7 or something like that.

Still need something in terms of roster size since you won't have a lot of room for prospects.

But then again maybe you just have to make a choice sometimes. But an expanded PR for sure would be a good idea.
I agree, I would like to see the PR expanded as well.

linc
Rookie
Favorite NFL Team: Minnesota Vikings
Team Name: Rolling Rockers

Post by linc » Thu May 08, 2008 4:58 am

I like the possibility of adding a 3rd round to the rookie, expanding the roster size and 2 yr eligibility for the PS except for the manaul tracking that someone would have to do. The only idea I don't like is the 7 year contract idea. I understand you want to "groom" players but IMO you will know within 3 yrs if a Rookie is going to amount to anything or not. I think the 5 year contract limit is plenty. This way, you have to give some thought to the length of contract to sign a player and even you sign the next LT to a short contract, that is why we have the tagging system. I think this league is starting to understand the affect of going hog wild on bids and how it relates to the avg. salaries for the tag players. Just my :2cents:

I will admit this league is pretty open to new ideas... :sweet:

joe.commish
Veteran
Favorite NFL Team: Green Bay Packers
Team Name: Degenerates

Post by joe.commish » Thu May 08, 2008 5:08 am

linc wrote:I like the possibility of adding a 3rd round to the rookie, expanding the roster size and 2 yr eligibility for the PS except for the manaul tracking that someone would have to do. The only idea I don't like is the 7 year contract idea. I understand you want to "groom" players but IMO you will know within 3 yrs if a Rookie is going to amount to anything or not. I think the 5 year contract limit is plenty. This way, you have to give some thought to the length of contract to sign a player and even you sign the next LT to a short contract, that is why we have the tagging system. I think this league is starting to understand the affect of going hog wild on bids and how it relates to the avg. salaries for the tag players. Just my :2cents:

I was trying to formulate an opinion on this, but this post saves me the trouble. This would echo how I feel.

LV Elite
Veteran

Post by LV Elite » Thu May 08, 2008 5:31 am

linc wrote:I like the possibility of adding a 3rd round to the rookie, expanding the roster size and 2 yr eligibility for the PS except for the manaul tracking that someone would have to do. The only idea I don't like is the 7 year contract idea. I understand you want to "groom" players but IMO you will know within 3 yrs if a Rookie is going to amount to anything or not. I think the 5 year contract limit is plenty. This way, you have to give some thought to the length of contract to sign a player and even you sign the next LT to a short contract, that is why we have the tagging system. I think this league is starting to understand the affect of going hog wild on bids and how it relates to the avg. salaries for the tag players. Just my :2cents:

Yes we usually know what a player is within 3 years in the league, I agree. However I think the point was if you draft a rookie, sign him to 5 years MAX contract lets say, sit on him and sit on him..... 3 years go by and he hasnt done a whole lot, definitley not much as it realates to Fantasy Football. HOWEVER year 4 looks promising and he's starting to really blossom. May or may not be a superstar, just could be a solid player a WR2-WR3 type. You get to enjoy this player for 2 years only (years 4 and 5) unless of course you tag them after year 5, but if its a midline type player in this league you may not want to spend that much to tag. I think the "7 year contract" idea applied ONLY to rookies of course who were eligable for the PS. Good ideas though.......

bonscott
Hall of Famer

Post by bonscott » Thu May 08, 2008 5:52 am

I have concerns of a guy going 7 years so cheaply as well.

Didn't someone have an idea of a "contract extension" tag? If we did something like that perhaps that would fill the need to allow teams to take one of these guys a year and give them an extension beyond 5 years. Maybe whomever proposed that can give that thread a bump.
Scott

LV Elite
Veteran

Post by LV Elite » Thu May 08, 2008 6:02 am

bonscott wrote:I have concerns of a guy going 7 years so cheaply as well.

Didn't someone have an idea of a "contract extension" tag? If we did something like that perhaps that would fill the need to allow teams to take one of these guys a year and give them an extension beyond 5 years. Maybe whomever proposed that can give that thread a bump.
I remember that idea as well...... sounds like somewhere to start. I see the point in getting a really true stud at a very cheap rate for a longtime not being a good thing. And to add to it I love having a good free agent pool. I think we're on the right track and if that thread gets bumped somewhere with the idea of extending contracts, that good be a good way to look at things. I like extending the PS though definitley.......

Boyz II Men
Veteran
Favorite NFL Team: Tennessee Titans
Team Name: BOYZ II MEN

Post by Boyz II Men » Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 am

I have always been for increasing the roster size. I had brought up the idea about the Practie squad last year, we do it for players with under 3 years experience in my other league. The only catch is that you have he has to sit there for the year..Not sure everyone would like that idea and I don't care if that stipulation is included. It just stops rooks from being held and juggled from the active roster to the PS several times

I don't like the 7yr contract at all and I would support a contract extension rule
My team sure looks good on paper...even without a stud RB

LV Elite
Veteran

Post by LV Elite » Thu May 08, 2008 6:57 am

irishpride8 wrote:This is a rule that I'm made for the dynasty league that I'm starting for my friends. They ALL didn't like the fact that you didn't have the option to resign a player for more years. We aslo have the the 3 tags and 1 Contract Extension per player per year I wish I had time to make a table in this message. The bold ones go together
Contract Extensions

Owners can extend any player's contract, except for a rookies contract (see rookie extension rules below), at anytime from May 15 to Aug. 1 (Pre-Season). All players with 1 year remaining on their contract in the current season at that time are eligible for a contract extension before the games begin.

1 contract extension per team, per player, per season.

Contract Extensions are based on the last years salary, not the one with the 10% increase.

Contracts can't not go under $425,000

At the end of the current season, the Commissioner ranks all players based on their final season statistical ranking from the prior two seasons (rookies based on the current season only) by position and they must of played in at least 24 NFL games. The player's tier ranking determines the player's contract extension percentage. To calculate the player's new current season salary multiply the appropriate contract extension percentage by the player's current season salary. This new salary replaces the original auction value in calculating the future year's salary (see example below). Player contract extensions run from two years and beyond. The owner determines the length of the new contract. There will only be one extension allowed per team/per player per season. The owner must submit the length of the contract to the commissioner at the same time the owner notifies the commissioner of the contract extension. It will cost more to extend the contract of player for 1 or 2 years than it would be to extend it to 3 or more years.

1 Year Remaining on Current Contract (1 or 2 year extention)

Contract Extension Percentage
RB-WR Tier Rank
D-K-QB-TE Tier Rank

20%
1-2
1-3

10%
3-6
4-5

5%
7-11
6-7
2%
12-16
8-10

1%
17-21
11-13

-1%
22-25
14-18

-4%
26-32
19-22

-6%
33-40
23-32
1 Years Remaining on Current Contract (3 years or more extention)

RB-WR Rank
D-K-QB-TE Rank

15%
5%
2-3
3%
4-5
3-4

2%
6-10
5-6
-1%
11-15
7-9
-3%
16-20
10-15
-6%
21-26
16-20

-9%
27-40
21-32

Here's that proposed contract extension that was posted as an "idea" ........

irishpride8
Rookie
Favorite NFL Team: New England Patriots
Team Name: Witch City Warlocks

Post by irishpride8 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:24 am

LV Elite wrote:
irishpride8 wrote:This is a rule that I'm made for the dynasty league that I'm starting for my friends. They ALL didn't like the fact that you didn't have the option to resign a player for more years. We aslo have the the 3 tags and 1 Contract Extension per player per year I wish I had time to make a table in this message. The bold ones go together
Contract Extensions

Owners can extend any player's contract, except for a rookies contract (see rookie extension rules below), at anytime from May 15 to Aug. 1 (Pre-Season). All players with 1 year remaining on their contract in the current season at that time are eligible for a contract extension before the games begin.

1 contract extension per team, per player, per season.

Contract Extensions are based on the last years salary, not the one with the 10% increase.

Contracts can't not go under $425,000

At the end of the current season, the Commissioner ranks all players based on their final season statistical ranking from the prior two seasons (rookies based on the current season only) by position and they must of played in at least 24 NFL games. The player's tier ranking determines the player's contract extension percentage. To calculate the player's new current season salary multiply the appropriate contract extension percentage by the player's current season salary. This new salary replaces the original auction value in calculating the future year's salary (see example below). Player contract extensions run from two years and beyond. The owner determines the length of the new contract. There will only be one extension allowed per team/per player per season. The owner must submit the length of the contract to the commissioner at the same time the owner notifies the commissioner of the contract extension. It will cost more to extend the contract of player for 1 or 2 years than it would be to extend it to 3 or more years.

1 Year Remaining on Current Contract (1 or 2 year extention)

RB-WR Tier Rank
D-K-QB-TE Tier Rank

20%
1-2
1-3

10%
3-6
4-5

5%
7-11
6-7
2%
12-16
8-10

1%
17-21
11-13

-1%
22-25
14-18

-4%
26-32
19-22

-6%
33-40
23-32
1 Years Remaining on Current Contract (3 years or more extention)

RB-WR Rank
D-K-QB-TE Rank

15%
5%
2-3
3%
4-5
3-4

2%
6-10
5-6
-1%
11-15
7-9
-3%
16-20
10-15
-6%
21-26
16-20

-9%
27-40
21-32

Here's that proposed contract extension that was posted as an "idea" ........
Yes thats the post. This could be a base line for something in the future. It could be something like 1 or 2 extension a year per team and 1 extension per player on the team. We would also have the taggs. I also agree on the TS being increased, maybe 4 total spots.

bonscott
Hall of Famer

Post by bonscott » Fri May 09, 2008 6:31 am

Ok, so I think we need a framework since there are so many aspects to this. So I'll start

Add 3rd round to Rookie draft
Sounds like we are all in agreement on this.

Expand the Practice Squad
I think we all agree with this as well. I think expand to 4 or so (5?). Depends on the next question.

Practice Squad Eligible
Rookies obviously. But also mention that 2nd year players as well. I think 4-5 spots and 1st and 2nd year players is a good combo.

Concern on tracking this.
My idea is this: Only rookies can actually be put on the PR. Just like it is now. So nothing new there. As for 2nd year players, only those that stayed on as rookies would be eligible. In other words, on Feb 15th when we roll over to the next season, any rookies that were on the PR at that time are now 2nd year players and can stay on the PR. BUT, if you activate one of those 2nd year players then they can't come back to the PR since only rookies can be placed on the PR. So for example I have Sydney Rice on my team, 2nd year player. I cannot put him on the PR since he was activated to the roster.
Those 2nd yr players must come off the PR on the next Feb 15th season start, either dropped or activated, since they will be 3rd year players now.

Together this allows teams to have up to 4 rookies/2nd yr players on PR for development and doesn't increase any manual tracking for the commish or the league in general.

Contracts for Rookies
So the question is what to do here. Allow 7 year contracts on rookies only was mentioned. But also the older proposal of have a 4th "tag" for a contract extension has come up. I think I'm actually on the side of this contract extension tag. This would allow teams to extend the contract of one of these long term prospects each season (or some other player if you'd rather). Also no extra manual tracking needed.

Contract Cap
We'd need to up the contract cap to make way for these extra players. Up from 70 to 80? Maybe even 85 if we have the contract extension tag.
Thoughts?

Salary Cap
Leave it the same I'd say. These couple extra rookies won't cost much.

Rookie Salary Scale
Being addressed in another thread.

Anything else?
Scott

braven112
Site Admin

Post by braven112 » Fri May 09, 2008 7:53 am

bonscott wrote:Ok, so I think we need a framework since there are so many aspects to this. So I'll start

I'm in favor of this, the question that comes to mind is should we make drafting players mandatory? I know a lot of leagues will go even up to 4 rounds but they don't make drafting players in these extra rounds required...
I think we all agree with this as well. I think expand to 4 or so (5?). Depends on the next question.
4 or 5 would be cool, it probably just depends on how everything else shakes out.
Practice Squad Eligible
Rookies obviously. But also mention that 2nd year players as well. I think 4-5 spots and 1st and 2nd year players is a good combo.

My idea is this: Only rookies can actually be put on the PR. Just like it is now. So nothing new there. As for 2nd year players, only those that stayed on as rookies would be eligible. In other words, on Feb 15th when we roll over to the next season, any rookies that were on the PR at that time are now 2nd year players and can stay on the PR. BUT, if you activate one of those 2nd year players then they can't come back to the PR since only rookies can be placed on the PR. So for example I have Sydney Rice on my team, 2nd year player. I cannot put him on the PR since he was activated to the roster.
Those 2nd yr players must come off the PR on the next Feb 15th season start, either dropped or activated, since they will be 3rd year players now.

Together this allows teams to have up to 4 rookies/2nd yr players on PR for development and doesn't increase any manual tracking for the commish or the league in general.
As long as someone besides me is going to track it, I'm in favor of it. :sweet: I really like the idea that if you take a player off the PR that he can't go back, but their will be some manual tracking as MFL lets you do whatever you want with the PR.
Contracts for Rookies
So the question is what to do here. Allow 7 year contracts on rookies only was mentioned. But also the older proposal of have a 4th "tag" for a contract extension has come up. I think I'm actually on the side of this contract extension tag. This would allow teams to extend the contract of one of these long term prospects each season (or some other player if you'd rather). Also no extra manual tracking needed.
I like the extension idea best as well, we just need a good way to put it together. Something based on averages salaries would be a good starting point.
Contract Cap
We'd need to up the contract cap to make way for these extra players. Up from 70 to 80? Maybe even 85 if we have the contract extension tag.
Thoughts?
This is currently the most irrelevant cap we have, as I don't think anyone is even close to the limit. So I'm not sure if we need to change it much but I do think that we'll use more contract years for rookies.
Salary Cap
It's all relative so it shouldn't matter much...
Rookie Salary Scale
Once we get this nailed down the rookie scale should fall into place.

Achon44
Pro Bowler
Favorite NFL Team: Cleveland Browns
Team Name: Bring the Pain

Post by Achon44 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:27 am

bonscott wrote:Ok, so I think we need a framework since there are so many aspects to this. So I'll start

Practice Squad Eligible

Contracts for Rookies

Contract Cap
Thoughts?

Salary Cap

Rookie Salary Scale

Anything else?
I'm not sure how "We all" is being assumed when less than half of the owners have chimed in. :??:

bonscott
Hall of Famer

Post by bonscott » Fri May 09, 2008 8:45 am

braven112 wrote:

I'm in favor of this, the question that comes to mind is should we make drafting players mandatory? I know a lot of leagues will go even up to 4 rounds but they don't make drafting players in these extra rounds required...
Yep, I've seen this too. So for example you can have a 4 round rookie draft only the first 2 rounds being mandatory.
Practice Squad Eligible

As long as someone besides me is going to track it, I'm in favor of it. :sweet: I really like the idea that if you take a player off the PR that he can't go back, but their will be some manual tracking as MFL lets you do whatever you want with the PR.
Wouldn't be any more tracking then today. Only rookies allowed to be actually placed on the PR or go back and forth.
Contract Cap
Thoughts?
This is currently the most irrelevant cap we have, as I don't think anyone is even close to the limit. So I'm not sure if we need to change it much but I do think that we'll use more contract years for rookies.
I don't know about any other team but I was up against it last year and will be right up at 70 again this year once I give my rookies a contract in August. But then again I don't have any players with just a 1 contract as I've been trying to build for the future.
Scott

bonscott
Hall of Famer

Post by bonscott » Fri May 09, 2008 8:48 am

Achon44 wrote: I'm not sure how "We all" is being assumed when less than half of the owners have chimed in. :??:
LOL

Well, it's their loss if they don't want to participate. Lucky that half have already. In my main 2 local leagues you're lucky to get any participation before middle of August. :no:

Anyway, if there is one thing I've noticed so far in this league, only about half ever have any comments on the proposals that have been brought up. And we've been lucky to even have 12 vote on something. Some just don't care either way I guess.
Scott

braven112
Site Admin

Post by braven112 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:58 am

bonscott wrote:
I don't know about any other team but I was up against it last year and will be right up at 70 again this year once I give my rookies a contract in August. But then again I don't have any players with just a 1 contract as I've been trying to build for the future.
I think its just you :wink: Personally I don't care how large we have this limit and wouldn't care if we just removed the limit altogether.